To register, complete a voter registration application at least 20 days prior to Election Day. Download a voter registration application or pick one up at City Hall, at 12800 Ravine Parkway S.
Mail or drop off your completed voter registration form to:
Washington County, Elections Division
14949 62nd Street N
P.O. Box 6
Stillwater, MN 55082-0006
Election Day Registration
To register at the polling place on Election Day, you must have authorized proof of residence:
- Mailed notice from the Registration Office indicating late registration
- A registered voter in the precinct who can vouch for you
- Registration in the same precinct indicating a previous address
- Students can show their address in the precinct by using a current fee statement and an I.D. card
- A tribal I.D. with name, address, signature, and picture of the individual
- Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, or receipt of either with current address located in precinct.
- Valid Minnesota I.D. or receipt with current address located in the precinct
A voter may also register using a combination of one approved photo ID and one approved utility bill. Approved Photo IDs:
- Minnesota driver's license with the current name (licenses from out-of-state are not acceptable).
- Minnesota state I.D. card (I.D. from other states is not acceptable).
- Minnesota Tribal I.D.
- U. S passport.
- U.S. Military I.D.
Approved Utility Bills
- Cable television bill
- Gas bill
- Sewer bill
- Solid waste bill
- Telephone bill
- Water bill
Name / Address Change
You must re-register if your name or address changes or you have not voted in four years.
To vote you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old. a Minnesota resident for at least 20 days on Election Day and properly registered. For more information on voting, visit the Washington County elections website.