To register, complete a voter registration application at least 20 days prior to Election Day. Download a voter registration application or pick one up at Washington County Government Center, 13000 Ravine Parkway
Find your polling place at Pollfinder.SOS.State.MN.US.
Mail or drop off your completed voter registration form to:
Washington County, Elections Division
14949 62nd Street N
P.O. Box 6
Stillwater, MN 55082-0006
Election Day Registration
To register at the polling place on Election Day, you must have authorized proof of residence:
- Mailed notice from the Registration Office indicating late registration
- A registered voter in the precinct who can vouch for you
- Registration in the same precinct indicating a previous address
- Students can show their address in the precinct by using a current fee statement and an I.D. card
- A tribal I.D. with name, address, signature, and picture of the individual
- Valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, or receipt of either with current address located in precinct.
- Valid Minnesota I.D. or receipt with current address located in the precinct
A voter may also register using a combination of one approved photo ID and one approved utility bill. Approved Photo IDs:
- Minnesota driver's license with the current name (licenses from out-of-state are not acceptable).
- Minnesota state I.D. card (I.D. from other states is not acceptable).
- Minnesota Tribal I.D.
- U. S passport.
- U.S. Military I.D.
Approved Utility Bills
- Cable television bill
- Gas bill
- Sewer bill
- Solid waste bill
- Telephone bill
- Water bill
Name / Address Change
You must re-register if your name or address changes or you have not voted in four years.
To vote you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old. a Minnesota resident for at least 20 days on Election Day and properly registered. For more information on voting, visit the Washington County elections website.