Solid Waste & Recycling

Residential Licenses

Currently there are no residential licenses available. Cottage Grove City Code specifies that no more than three residential dwelling solid waste hauler and recycler licenses shall be issued at any one time.

Commercial Licenses

To haul or collect garbage, refuse, recyclables, yard waste, or construction/demolition waste from commercial properties, a commercial license must be obtained. Ordinances are detailed on the Sterling Codifier website by going to Title 4 - Public Health and Safety and then Chapter 2 - Mixed Solid Waste and Recycling.


Download a commercial solid waste and recycling license application (PDF). This is a calendar year license subject to renewal. The initial license fee may be prorated quarterly.

Submit the completed application and fee made payable to the City of Cottage Grove to:
City of Cottage Grove
ATTN: Business Licensing
12800 Ravine Parkway S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016