Special Events


Entertainment or celebration of limited duration that is held on public or private property or any event that will require the use of special services, parking concerns, traffic generation, or an increase in demand of the city's infrastructure.

Walks, Runs, or Parade Celebration Permits

Walks, Runs, or Parade Celebration Permits require Public Safety approval.  


An application for a permit to hold a Run, Race, Walk or Parade must be submitted to the Recreation Department.  

Submit Application

Send to:
City of Cottage Grove
Attn: Business Licensing
12800 Ravine Parkway S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
email City Clerk Tamara Anderson 
Phone: 651-458-2883
Fax: 652-458-2897


If you have questions about the Special Event process or the Special Events ordinance you can email City Clerk Joe Fischbach or call 651-458-2883. The fax number is 651-458-2897. 

City Ordinance

Cottage Grove city ordinance (Chapter 5 Special Events) can be viewed on the City Code website.