- Your Government
- Community Development
- Building Division
- Residential Permits
Cottage Grove is happy to announce implementation of online permitting. At this time, applications for the following permit types are being accepted:
Over the next few months, additional permit types will be available.
Please use the link below to access the online permitting website. Upon opening the website, you can create an account by logging in with the contractor email we have on file for your company or, if you have not previously done work in Cottage Grove, you can create an account with a preferred email address. Once logged in, you can apply for the permit types listed above as well as view your permit history and the status of current permit applications.
If you have any questions regarding the online permitting system, please read the FAQ sheet. If you still have questions or need account help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-458-2800.
Electrical inspections are conducted by Kletschka Inspections. For questions and inspection scheduling you can contact via phone, email or website.
Phone: 612-866-1979 (Call times: Weekdays 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
Construction is allowed Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm. For further information, view the City Code.
Building Permits & Applications
- Building/Zoning Permit Application - Fillable (PDF)
- Deck Permit Supplement - Fillable (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application - Fillable (PDF)
- Fire Application - Fillable (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical/HVAC Permit Application - Fillable (PDF)
- New Home Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application- Fillable (PDF)
- Sewer/Water Permit Application - Fillable (PDF)