The City of Cottage Grove, a Yellow Ribbon Community, helps provide support to our Service Members, Veterans, and their families with community support, training, services, and resources.
A Yellow Ribbon Community unites all areas within a community to create a comprehensive network that connects and coordinates agencies, organizations, resources, and employers for the purpose of proactively supporting Service Members and military families.
Cottage Grove's Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Network will allow us to support military families through simple acts of kindness that leverage the skills and talents of community members. Here are some examples of how volunteers have turned concern into action:
- Minor home repairs, painting, routine and seasonal maintenance
- Snow removal
- Lawn Mowing and yard care
- Computer repairs
- Car maintenance
- Discounts from many local businesses
- Holiday celebrations
- Promoting awareness through community events
- Do you have a gift, skill or talent you can share with the Yellow Ribbon Network?
- Do you have a few hours a month for simple acts of kindness helping a military family?
- Do you know of a military family or veteran in need of support?
Contact Cottage Grove Beyond the Yellow Ribbon at email@example.com.