The Cottage Grove Fire Department will issue commercial and residential burn permits to the citizens and business owners in Cottage Grove under the following steps.
- Complete a Permit Application online or pick up an application at 12800 Ravine Parkway between 7 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. The fee of $50 for Commercial and $20 for Residential permits are paid when you submit the application. Please include a check with the completed application and mail to:
12800 Ravine Parkway South
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Once requested:
- The area is inspected by the Fire Marshall or his/her designee prior to being issued.
- The area must not be located directly in a residential area (some exceptions granted).
- The Citizen/Business follows the instructions and dates/times located on the burn permit itself once issued.
- If there is a burning ban placed on the issuance of burn permits by the MN DNR you can still contact us regarding information for a variance that can be given by the DNR (usually reserved for prescribed burns). The issuance of a burn ban by the MN DNR does not include recreational fires (however if the wind is high and it is dry out use common sense and all recreational fire rules apply).