The community's urban forest is a valuable natural resource that must be preserved and maintained to provide a better quality of life for present and future generations.
Natural resource management priorities are placed in the following three main areas:
- preservation of existing natural resources
- maintenance of existing natural resources
- the installation of new natural resources.
Cottage Grove continues to implement management practices that will provide for a healthy and aesthetically pleasing urban forest. Public Works constantly monitors the health of our urban trees as existing and new insects and diseases occur.
One of the new problems with ash trees is Emerald Ash Borer (EAB). Please read further about the potentially fatal EAB tree infestation in this web site.
If you have any questions regarding your boulevard tree please contact Public Works at 651-458-2808
- Buckthorn Information and Prevention
- Cottage Grove Champion Tree Application
- Diversifying Cottage Grove's Urban Forest -Updated 05/11/2011
- Oak Wilt Risk in Minnesota
- Oriental Bittersweet Prevention and Management Information
- Why Choose an Accredited Tree Care Company?
- Rethinking Maple and selecting trees for your yard