October 30, 2019 Update
On October 30th, City staff members hosted a “Public Water Billing Meeting” to make Cottage Grove’s customer service representatives accessible and available if residents had any questions concerning their water bills. Members of the Administrative, Finance and Public Works Department also provided some context for these potential discussions in the form of a Powerpoint and posters/exhibits. You’ll find the links to these materials below. You can also find a lot of this information in the City’s November Cottage Grove Reports newsletter, which will be in mailboxes on (or around) November 15th.
Water Billing Public Meeting Presentation
Water Billing Public Meeting Exhibits
Our commitment to the community:
- Make every effort to provide a safe, potable supply of drinking water to meet our customers' needs, now and into the next millennium. It's our commitment! It's our profession!
- Be a proactive water utility that strives to meet the high quality drinking water standards that our customers deserve.
- Sustain a commitment to high quality customer service now and into the next millennium.
- Stay dedicated to providing and preserving this treasured natural resource for our children and future generations.
- Maintain a community-owned water utility that we can all be proud of.
By the numbers
The Public Works Department Utilities division is responsible for the maintenance, operation and repair of the following city utilities:
- 163 - miles of water main
- 139 - miles of sanitary sewer main
- 1,550 - fire hydrants
- 3,000 - gate valves
- 11,145 - customer service connections
- 1 - booster station
- 1 - lift station
- 12 - municipal wells with a pumping capacity of 15.9 million gallons per day
- 2 - water filtration facilities
- 6 - water storage facilities with storage capacity of 7,150,000 gallons
- 2,797 - street lights
The City of Cottage Grove works hard to provide you with safe and reliable drinking water that meets all Federal and State water quality requirements. Our Annual Water Quality Report provides you with information on your drinking water and ways to protect our precious water resources.
Cottage Grove Water Quality Report 2019