River Oaks Municipal Golf Course Internship
River Oaks Municipal Golf Course is an 18-hole public course located and owned by the City of Cottage Grove. The course features bentgrass greens, and bluegrass/ryegrass tees and fairways.
Currently we are seeking a highly motivated and hard working individual to apply for the 2019 golf season. The intern will work directly with the Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent. This internship opportunity will be tailored toward an applicant’s needs and goals.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Calibration and application of pesticides and fertilizers
o Accurate record keeping for all applications
- Equipment maintenance and equipment repair
- Irrigation scheduling, troubleshooting, and making repairs
- Aerification, topdressing and other cultural practices
- Scheduling of employees and their duties from day to day
- Communication with clubhouse, pro shop and city employees from different departments
- Maintain clubhouse grounds, including annual and perennial flowers
- Tree pruning and trimming
- Enrolled in turf management, horticulture, agronomy or a related field
- Work experience in turf maintenance preferred
- Able to obtain Minnesota pesticide license
- Starting at $13.50 per hour, depending on qualifications
- Deadline for applying : First review of applications will be March 8th. Open until filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Golf Course Superintendent
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled