The Arts Commission is a nine-member voluntary advisory group whose mission is to inspire passionate, creative expression of the arts through education of and collaboration with the community of Cottage Grove.
Sign up to receive notifications for upcoming events by clicking here!
- 7 p.m. | First Tuesday of each month
- Cottage Grove City Hall
12800 Ravine Parkway South
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Call 651-458-3400 for more information
Short Term Goals:
- Continue to organize and market arts events: Contests, Talent Shows, Film Contest, and Community Concerts.
- Engage artists and the community with all art opportunities and programming. Pay particular attention to opportunities for youth and seniors.
- Gain participation from the artistic community at the Art Commission meetings to increase community involvement.
- Seek and acquire opportunities for art exhibits; permanent and temporary.
- Promote availability of current performance venues.
- Continue recognition of local artists through the Artist of the Month Program.
Long Term Goals:
- Seek opportunities for fine art and performing arts venue.
- Make Cottage Grove a destination for the arts.
- Create an Arts Festival.
- Incorporate arts promotion and activities into the City’s Strategic Plan.
- Seek funding opportunities, through both City and private outlets.
- Bring and recognize artists from different backgrounds and cultures.
Agendas, Minutes and Packets
Agendas, minutes and packets are available here.
Please note that meeting minutes are generally not available until they have been approved by the Commission at their next regularly scheduled meeting.
If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer member of any of the City Advisory Commissions, download the application, fill it out and return it to the City of Cottage Grove, ATTN: City Clerk, 12800 Ravine Parkway South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016.
Forms are also available for pick up at City Hall.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and kept on file for one year.
Please contact Joe Fischbach at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Artist of the Month Program
The Arts Commission has an Artist of the Month program to recognize the inspirational, passionate and creativity of artists in Cottage Grove and share their talents with the community.
To nominate an artist, download and complete the Cottage Grove Artist of the Month Application.
The City features the Artist of the Month on the City's website and on the City's Facebook page.