FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information Please Contact:
Sharon Madsen, Communications Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651 458 2882
Cottage Grove Holds Sunrise/Sunset Photo Contest
Cottage Grove, Minn. – June 16, 2017 – Cottage Grove is holding a photography contest to encourage residents and visitors to take in the amazing sunrise and sunset views available in its city parks. To enter, take a photo of a sunrise or sunset in one of Cottage Grove’s 34 parks. Then, upload that photograph to Facebook, and tag the Cottage Grove Recreation and Ice Arena Facebook page (http://bit.ly/2snlRI0). Each entry provides a chance to win an “I Love Cottage Grove Parks” t-shirt and a $10 gift card for MikMart, the local ice cream truck vendor.
There is no limit on the number of entries from different parks that participants can submit. The contest runs through June 28.
Here are some of City staff’s favorite places to view the sunset:
- Camel’s Hump Park, 7600 Burr Oak Cove S. At the overlook where benches are available to take in the views.
- Kingston Park, 9195 75th Street S. Lay a blanket on the ridge between the soccer and softball fields, where you can experience “theater seating” for the sunset.
- Cottage Grove Trailway Corridor, linking Kingston Park to Hidden Valley Park. Just walk west and watch the sun set over the prairie.
- Oakwood Park, 7851 Harkness Avenue S. Walk to the top of the hill to see the sun drop behind the City.
- Lamar Park, 7025 Lamar Avenue S. Watch the sun drop behind historic Old Cottage Grove. Although it’s a bustling park with softball, the surrounding farmland and small town feel gives the sunset a different meaning from here.