The City of Cottage Grove is awarding a limited number of $20 rebates for rain barrels in an effort to increase water conservation and reduce stormwater runoff. Rain barrels can be placed under a roof downspout to collect stormwater runoff that can be used for watering your garden. The rebate is offered as one-time $20 credit toward applicant’s utility account. This program is available to all property owners in Cottage Grove city limits.
To apply for the Rain Barrel Rebate Program, click here.
- Applicant must have a utility account with Cottage Grove Utilities.
- Rebate valid only for rain barrels that are at least 40 gallons in size.
- Limit of 3 rain barrel rebates per utility account.
- Rain barrels purchased or installed before the start of the rebate program are not eligible. Rain barrels purchased after June 26, 2018 are eligible for a rebate. Rain barrels must be purchased and installed before September 1, 2018.
- Copies of receipts for rain barrels, materials, and/or convertor kits must be submitted to receive a rebate. If applicant builds own rain barrel or uses a convertor kit, rebate may be used for materials or the convertor kit.
- A picture of the installed rain barrel must be submitted to be eligible for a rebate.
- Application must be completed and submitted in its entirety to be eligible for a rebate.
- Applicant, if selected for random inspection, agrees to allow inspector access to the premises in order to verify installation.
- Rebates will not exceed the purchase price.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Return application and required documentation to:
- Cottage Grove Finance Department, Attn: Rain Barrel Program,12800 Ravine Parkway S.,Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Fax: 651-458-2897