As of August 21, there are no controllers available.
Thank you for your interest in Cottage Grove's Smart Irrigation Controller Program. All 200 controllers have been distributed. There will not be any additional controllers made available in 2018. The City will begin having the program's effectiveness at conserving water analyzed, and these findings will help inform a decision in 2019 on whether the Smart Irrigation Controller Program will continue. Continue to check our Social Media or Website in 2019 for more information.
The smart irrigation controllers were distributed on a first come/first served basis to eligible applicants. The City reserves the right to refuse any application.
Recipient agrees to submit a photograph of their installed controller within 30 days of receipt and agrees to allow the City to verify the installation of the controller.
Before installation, you or a qualified professional should assess the condition of your irrigation system and fix any problems.
Common issues to look for are:
• sprinkler heads that do not turn due to wear
• sprinkler heads that are misaligned
• broken or missing sprinkler heads
• leaking sprinkler heads and pipe connections
• sprinkler heads bent at an angle
• sprinkler heads that do not rise above the grass
• sprinkler heads that do not pop because grass has grown over them
• sprinkler heads with missing or clogged nozzles
• pressure problems indicated by misting (high pressure) or weak spray (low pressure)
If you have questions about the installation process, Rachio provides a detailed installation guide with videos, or a printable manual available for download here.
Once your new Smart Irrigation Controller is installed, Rachio can help you recycle your old controller by clicking here.
For more information or questions about the program, or the application process, please contact Aaron Sather, Administration Intern, email@example.com, 651-458-2830