Great news for homeowners and small business owners with existing irrigation systems in Cottage Grove!
The City of Cottage Grove's Smart Irrigation Controller Program is kicking off again! What’s more, we are expanding the opportunity to include small businesses within the community with irrigation systems.
With the assistance of the South Washington Watershed District (SWWD), we will have partnered with Rachio to provide 220 smart irrigation controllers for the discounted purchase price of $35.00. Normally, these controllers retail for approximately $229.00 to $279.00 each. This phenomenal deal will save you money on the purchase, and on your water bill which will ultimately help the City conserve our precious resource-water.
If you meet the following qualifications, you are eligible to apply to purchase controller:
1. Own a home or business within the City of Cottage Grove;
2. Home or business is connected to City Water;
3. Home or business has an existing, functioning irrigation system with no more than 16-zones;
*There is an extremely limited supply of 16-zone controllers. Applicants with less than 9-zones should request an 8-zone controller.
4. Owner has an Apple (iOS 10.3 or higher) or Android (4.4 or higher) smartphone;
5. Property has Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz or 5GHz access;
6. Property has not received an irrigation controller through this program in previous years.
The smart irrigation controllers will be distributed on a first-come/first-served basis to eligible applicants. Once you receive confirmation of your reservation via email, you will have 7 days to pay online and secure your controller. You can pick it up at City Hall during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 4:30 pm), or you can choose to pick it up at one of our designated afterhours pick-up dates (April 23, 2019, or May 9, 2019 from 4:30PM to 7:00PM at City Hall).
Applicants agree to the following:
1. Approved applicant must pay for controller online in advance of picking it up.
2. Install the controller within 30 days of receipt;
3. Agree to allow the City to verify installation; and
4. Acknowledge that future water use may be monitored to assess program effectiveness.
Before installation, you or a qualified professional should assess the condition of your irrigation system and fix any problems.
Common issues to look for:
• Damaged, broken, malfunctioning sprinkler heads;
• Leaking sprinkler heads, valves, pipes and joints;
• Pressure issues such as misting (high pressure), and low or weak spray (low pressure).
If you have questions about the installation process, Rachio provides a detailed installation guide with videos, or a printable manual available for download here.
Once your new Smart Irrigation Controller is installed, Rachio can help you recycle your old controller by clicking here.
For more information or questions about the program or the application process, please contact Nathan Estrem, Project Engineer, email@example.com; 651-458-2829
This webpage will be updated once the irrigation controllers are sold-out.